Agent X said Tales is still not ready.
Heading into the holidays this isn’t what I wanted to hear. Part of me wished the agent would have waited until January to share the news. Another part is glad that I at least know and I can now spend a few extra days off in deep contemplation of what to do. Do I keep editing the same work? Do I get a professional to provide more feedback (maybe at a cost?)? Do I move on?
Seems to me like I have some thinking ahead. Each of the options has it’s light. Editing the same work means I’m not giving up on it. Getting a professional editor to provide more feedback means that I will be improving my skills. Moving on means I can focus more clearly on new projects.
Each of the options also has it’s darkness. Editing the same work can be tiresome and irritating and keeps me from working on new projects – some of which I believe to be much stronger. Getting a professional editor to provide more feedback will cost me money and I may get a result that I don’t agree with. Moving on means giving up – or does it? I could always self-publish, I suppose, and see where I go from there.
What do you think I should do?