For this weeks Creative Writing Prompt, I’ve decided to do something a bit different. The other week, in order to refresh my own writing and generate some new ideas and move past some minor writer’s block, I decided to go on a long walk in my home city of Saskatoon. Saskatoon has a great riverside trail called the Meewasin Valley Trial, which boasts all kinds of sights and sounds. I decided to capture some moments on my walk, and compiled them into this video montage for a special writing prompt. So on to the creative writing prompt this week (do one or do them all!):
- Describe the distinct sounds in each video clip.
- Write a story about a person on this journey. Where are they heading and why? What is at stake if they don’t get there?
- Describe the sights and colours in each video clip.
- Write a poem from the clips. How do they make you feel?
- Write about what you see and hear from the perspective of an alien watching the video feed from a far away planet.